Monday 23 August 2010

WHO ARE YOU?

I have today received the Electoral Registration form for my family from Hastings Borough Council, my local council. I was given the option to register for voting by telephone, email or even by text, if all of the details were correct.

Unfortunately, they were not correct. Sure, the names were right BUT my nationality was far from correct. It has me, and every other person on the list, registered as British.


I AM NOT BRITISH - I AM ENGLISH!


I know that a large number of people do not bother to either register to vote or indeed actually vote and although I can sort of understand why so many people are totally turned off by politics, I urge you to consider this again. Politics DOES affect each and every one of us, whether you are interested in it or not.

Do you pay too much for your shopping each week? Are your fuel bills too high each quarter? Are you totally happy with the way your child's school is working? Is your street clean enough? What about the Police? Should we be fighting wars in foreign countries? Are you paying too much tax?


These and every aspect of your life is controlled or affected by politics and politicians. If you do not bother to vote, you are just letting them get away with and saying "It's OK, walk all over me".


Please register to vote AND use that vote - preferably for the ENGLISH DEMOCRATS - but please use it.


If you do not, you have no right to comment or complain when something that you do not like is imposed upon you.


USE YOUR VOTE






2 comments: